Monday, November 27, 2017

Assignment 4 - Process and Review

In making my video for Assignment 4, I tried to stay with the same theme that I used from Assignment 3, which was essentially a project about me making a project.

I assimilated three ideas for a video project that I had, and then used multiple videos relating to that theme for each "idea," as represented by the audio file from Assignment 3. The first idea was to include some kind of technological work (computers, video games, etc.). My next idea was to use abstract art in the form of videos through the manipulation of colors, lines, movement, etc. Finally, stemming from my love of animals, I wanted to incorporate something with dogs.

I included time stamps throughout the video to help get the idea across of someone continually working on something throughout an evening. One piece of criticism was that the time stamps were a little bit forced - maybe I could have used something to make the transition a little smoother.

I am proud of the finished piece, but I do think that there could be some minor alterations that would enhance the project a bit. I might consider taking out the time stamps and using a different "transition sound" between project ideas. I had originally used the sound effect of crumpling up paper, but seeing as the project is a video, I could maybe use some kind of digital noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assignment 5 - Final Website Portfolio

Follow this link to view my final website portfolio: https://mercuriozack.wixsite.com/portfolio