Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Response to RiP!: A Remix Manifesto (Assignment 3)

I thought that this documentary was very interesting. It was thought-provoking and informative. Honestly, I knew absolutely nothing about copyrights and open source sharing before I watched this video, so I learned quite a bit. I think it was very cool to see the history of copyrights laid out in the movie. Within this history, they mentioned Napster. I do remember hearing something about legal issues with Napster and Metallica, but I never had known what the problem was (which this documentary explained nicely). One notable thing that I thought was interesting was how this can be applied to sharing and mixing music together. As with DJ's like Brett Gaylor, I always wondered how they made their music. This video really shed some light on not only the music industry, but also open sharing, remixing, and copyright legal issues. My last thought was how innovative it is to make the documentary itself open-source. I think it really drives home the point that we should be sharing our creativity with other creative minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assignment 5 - Final Website Portfolio

Follow this link to view my final website portfolio: https://mercuriozack.wixsite.com/portfolio